I’ve dedicated this blog to be an informative source about the uprising, yet under reported vegetarian lifestyle. Vegetarian diets are growing more and more common. Overall, a vegetarian diet is formed by plant-based foods such as grains, beans, fruits and vegetables. If you are a vegetarian or are considering it, there are several things to keep in mind. Generally, there are 5 different types:
- Strict vegetarian or vegan: A vegetarian diet that excludes all animal products such as meat, poultry, fish, eggs, milk and dairy products.
- Lacto-vegetarian: A vegetarian diet that excludes meat, poultry, fish and eggs, but includes dairy products.
- Lacto-ovovegetarian: A vegetarian diet that excludes meat, poultry and fish, but includes eggs and dairy products. Most vegetarians in the United States fall into this category.
- Pesco-vegetarian: A vegetarian diet that excludes meat and poultry, but includes fish, milk and dairy products.
- Flexitarian: A semi-vegetarian diet with a focus on plant-based food with the occasional consumption of meat, poultry or fish.
Learn more by clicking here for more Information!
- eatright.org – Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Nutrition Reviews